Social Icons

The Big Move: Departure Date

Hey World,

It took a couple of weeks to sort it all out, and while I'm still processing paperwork, I went ahead and purchased my one-way ticket to Tanzania today -- and I leave in just FIFTY DAYS!

I will literally be getting on a plane seven Wednesdays from today. 

Cue hyperventilating. {starts breathing in a paper bag}

I'm just kidding, I'm not really that nervous. Or upset. I'm really just excited to begin this new chapter in my life, and the 'bad parts' about leaving will be outweighed by the opportunities I'm chasing for my own growth and development. As I told my mom yesterday on the phone, We all have to live with the choices we make, and the repercussions of those choices. 

I chose to begin a career in Africa.

That means a lot of uprooting has to happen, but it also means a lot of new roots will be able to grow.
It means that while I have a lot of goodbyes to say, I have just as many hellos waiting for me.
It means that while I miss out on special moments here, I'll be part of special moments somewhere else.

So, let the fifty day countdown begin...

and here's to making every one of my last days here worth it!

xoxo,
M




No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!