Social Icons

Dear World #6

Hey world,

I can't believe it's already time for my sixth Dear World post! Time is truly flying over here. I know I've taken a slight dip in posting; loving up on Mr. Gus Muffin 
----


Dear World, 

Thank you for watching the sun rise. It was one of those mornings when I didn't have to be up especially early, but I found myself watching dawn arrive slowly, creeping up into the horizon [before waking up every living chicken and dog in a 4 mile radius] as I laid in bed and marveled at the painted sky. It was definitely worth the lost 45 minutes of sleep. 


Thank you for books that envelope me. I somehow spent the first four weeks of living here without reading a single page from a book. It might have been the longest withdrawal from reading in my entire life. Luckily, I gained the willpower to finish the book that I was so stuck on, and since then have devoured another book and a half in the past 10 days. I think I missed that magical place you go when the author creates a dream so real, you lose yourself in it. I'm especially glad I've found it again. 

The best place to read in Iringa

Thank you for songs that speak to the moment. You know what I'm talking about.


Thank you for puppy love. 
As I posted yesterday, Mr. Muffin has quickly become my everything. But I am especially beholden to the moments we have shared laying together and reading, or even just napping it up where he begs until I put him up with me, and then snuggles into me as I continue about my business. Clearly, everything is better when we are together. 

We take our snuggling seriously.

Thank you for slow service. It's during these times of wishing and waiting that I often realize how much time I'm not wasting while waiting...instead it's just an added opportunity to utilize every minute! For example, I am extremely glad I've waited 6 weeks until the carpenter came [some of that was me not calling, some of that was him having a broken arm] to start working on some home-improvement projects for me, as I now know exactly what I want! 

What are you thankful for? Don't forget, if you want to share your Dear World letter, just send it in to tcmtgc@gmail.com!

xoxo,
M



No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!