Social Icons

#OhManWadiVacation

Hey World,

While this isn't a travel blog, I do travel a lot, and I have a lot of past trips I've failed to share well. SO I am slowly going to post pictures & short blogs on these trips over the next few months, and aggregate the links on a new page for those who are interested!

---

In the beginning of July, Brady & I went to Oman for a long weekend, and managed to have an insanely great time (and cover a lot of distance!) in just 4 jam-packed days of driving and sightseeing.

Also, in case you couldn't have already guessed...the desert is HOT! Like "I feel like I am a rotisserie chicken" hot. Like "Babe, check to see if I'm melting right now" hot. Like "Drinking four liters of water is easy-peasy" hot! Even though I was ready for 100+ degree temperatures, I don't think I was prepared for what that feels like in this particular climate zone. Thank goodness for our car, and air conditioning!

Oman is one of those countries that is definitely worth a visit, and is desperately trying to improve its ability as an 'easy' tourist destination! All points of interest are clearly marked, and the main road system is immaculate. Renting a car from the airport is easy, and the GPS we rented as well was 95% up to date, which made getting from one place to another a breeze...even in the desert!

Here was a quick rundown of our itinerary, with many of these stops a drive-through with 1-2 points of interest:

MUSCAT --> QUARRIYAT --> BIMMAH --> WADI TIWI --> WADI SHAB --> SUR --> WAHIBA SANDS DESERT --> NIZWA --> BAHLA --> JABRIN --> CHEDI @ MUSCAT

I can't imagine spending more than one week here, unless you trekked down to the south and back, and spent more time trying to get into the Jebel Shams (which we opted to skip out on), but to each their own! Faster travel seems to be our speed. 

Below are some snaps from our trip (in no particular order), and the link to our travel video here! If you want to know more about the picture, many have descriptions on my instagram.

Enjoy!
xoxo,
M




































No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!